2008-04-15

On Failing to Recall Awesome Thoughts

So there I am today, thinking in my favourite spot (the porcelain throne, a wonderful place to think, but you probably didn't want to know that) when I have a great idea for a post. It was brilliant, but I can't recall it! I can remember what I was doing, but I can't remember what I was thinking. I thought and thought, but it was gone. It was then I realized that this would make a great post!

I really hate forgetting my train of thought. I intensely dislike being interrupted in the middle of a really fantastic train of thought and then forgetting what it was! All I remember is the awesomeness of it, which makes it even worse. Sometimes I can repeat it by thinking back to earlier things and following that, but it doesn't work sometimes.

Funny how we have sense memory. I can recall the touch of my blazer or the smell of someone's hair, but I don't have a thought memory to the same extent. I can't recall what I was thinking earlier in French class, but I know what it looked like. Odd...

I often wish I had a computer in my brain so that when I had awesome Ideas I could act on them when I have them, not if and when I remember them. I guess I will just have to wait.

p.s Are there any people who read this, that I don't know personally? If there are I'd love to here from you.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I carry around a notebook all the time (except when I forget) in which I write all of the crazy things I think of. I've found it really helps when you have a blog.