2008-03-23

On Books and Time

So this past break I've read at a rate of 1 book every 3 days, which is fairly quick, but not fast enough. See below is a list of books I want to read
  • Rainbow's End
  • The Wars
  • The Sparrow
  • Frankenstein
  • The Subtle Knife
  • A Storm of Swords
  • Perdido Stree Station
  • Glasshouse
  • When Darkness Falls
  • Alice I think
  • Speaker for the Dead
  • At the Mountain of Madness
  • The Dance of Molecules
  • A Fire Upon the Deep
Seeing as there are is only so much time in a day and I can't read instantaneously (yet!) this poses a problem. Why must there be so many books, but so little time?!?!

Anyhow if you are looking for books to read I heartily recommend Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow. It's a really entertaining novel with lots of interesting ideas (immortality, no money, ad-hocracy). It's fairly short by my standards, but I read fast. So go out and buy OR download it with the author's consent here
Cory Doctorow released in under the Creative Commons license! Huzzah! Free books for Everybody!

No comments: